Happy Friday! You have made it through another work week. Congrats! Reward yourself with a little at-home happy hour. Whether you’re looking for something zero-proof or a little stronger, I’ve got a recipe that is perfect for summer, bringing a little fruity flavor to an icy favorite.
What you’ll need:
- 2 cups of salt water
- About 10 strawberries
- 2 cups of ice
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup lemonade
- 1 lemon, wedged for garnish
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- Optional liquor of your choice
What to do:
- Step 1: In a bowl of 2 cups of salt water, let strawberries sit for 30 minutes.
- Step 2: Remove stems from about 8 strawberries and slice. Leave smaller ones stemmed for garnish.
- Step 3: Add ice, unstemmed strawberries lemon juice, sugar, lemonade and optional liquor to blender. Blend until smooth.
- Step 4: Pour into chilled glass and enjoy. Garnish with wedged lemon and strawberries.
Don’t know how to cut wedges? Neither did I! I once went to a client event and even with the help of a co-worker and YouTube, we still could not figure out how to wedge lemons! Our client came over baffled. Let me break it down for you.
- Step 1: Cut off ends (the parts that poke out).
- Step 2: Turn so newly exposed ends are north and south. Cut down the middle.
- Step 3: Cut off that stringy, white section with seeds.
- Step 4: Take new halves and turn so yellow lemon skin is exposed to face you. Slice from right to left.
What are you sipping on this weekend?
Until next time…
– Jae Marie
Cool and refreshing 😎. I bet it is delicious 😋
So great for a hot summer afternoon!
[…] don’t have to go out to go all out. You can still make fun cocktails (or cocktails) and hors d’oeuvres for yourself or your immediate family. Go all out on a […]