Looking to change up your decor in the new year? I have always said some lights and flowers will always create an atmosphere you can’t resist. Whether a restaurant, hotel or outdoor seating area, if you add flowers and lights, people will come, take pictures and share on Instagram. Mark my words, if I ever open my own cafe, it’ll be covered. ANYWAY, I wanted to bring this feeling to my bedroom one day and decided a DIY project was due.
You can certainly order these panels online, but they are definitely going to cost you. If you want to have some fun in making your own version, here’s how I made mine.
What you’ll need:
- 3×5 poster board – Depending on how big you want yours, you might need multiple boards.
- Synthetic flowers – I got mine from the dollar store, but the craft store sells them as well. Be sure to pick a color scheme!
- Hot glue gun – Make sure there you have enough hot glue!
- A hammer and nail or a screw
What to do:
- Remove all of the stems from the flowers, You might need to cut some if the wire is too strong. Set aside the petal bunches, even if they fall apart. Also keep some leaves.
- Before you glue down the petals, lay them out to be sure you have enough to cover the entire surface of the board. Also be sure it’s in a pattern you’ll love. I went with a gradient.
- Once laid down, heat up your glue gun. Since the stems were removed, be sure to glue the bottom petal, then apply a drop of glue from the top in the center pf the flower head to ensure all of the layers are glued down.
- Use any leaves you put aside to fill in any gaps. You can also fill these in by flattening out the bottom petal in each head and securing with glue.
- Once complete, you can secure to the wall using your nail or screw.
There you have it. Super easy and fun to put together, and it adds a pop of color to your decor.
Until next time…
– Jae Marie